Q & A:
- What does your current quiver consist of?
Current quiver consists of everything. From a four man surf canoe to body surfing with nothing. My at fcd KMRP is my favorite for when the waves are good, it’s a thruster.
- What is your favorite break?
My favorite wave is G land Indonesia. It’s a long challenging Holllow left.
- Favorite maneuver?
My favorite maneuver is the belly fark twistoe pop.
- Barreling sand bar beach break OR long rip able point break?
I would go for the barreling Sandbar Beach break.
- Do you have an ultimate end goal?
I don’t have an end goal, I’d rather have it loosey goosey and just see what happens.
- What’s something you’ve done in your life you never thought you would do?
I climbed El capitan in Yosemite. I never thought I would do that.
- What would you consider your biggest weakness and/or strength?
My biggest weekness is donuts, I’ll eat a dozen if you put them in front of me.
- Bucket list items?
Compound bow, horse, 30 ot 6 deer riffle.
- Most interesting quarrel in the water?
None, I’m a nice guy in the water.
- Near death experiences?
Me and Dan got stuck inside on a tow day at mavericks.
- How do you handle surfer stereotypes?
I make fun of surfer dudes myself.
- What’s a typical day at home like for you?
Start with a big cup of coffee, eats some donuts, go surf, shoot some ground squirrels in the horse pasture. Tinker with some stuff in the garage, make dinner for wifey and kid. This is if I’m not traveling or working on a project.
Special thanks to Chris Burkard / Burkardphoto.com for this great collection of photos.